Welcome to the new Golfweek.com
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Welcome to the new GOLFWEEK.com. It’s everything you’ve come to expect from us – only bigger, brighter and better. Just like that, it’s easier and more exciting to be a golf fan. We’re handing over the keys to golf’s most knowledgeable and passionate community – putting YOU in control.
So let’s get going...
(* Please note: Scores and past results will be available on the new site by the end of the week. Thanks for your patience.)
The New Golfweek.com
• ENHANCED DESIGN AND FUNCTIONALITY: Navigating the new GOLFWEEK.com is easier than a 2-footer for par. Whether you’re in a rush or have an afternoon to kill, we’ve got everything you need organized in an easy-to-consume format.
• JOIN THE myGOLFWEEK COMMUNITY: Signing up for a myGOLFWEEK user account is quick, easy, absolutely FREE of charge – and essential to enjoying the ultimate user experience.
With your myGOLFWEEK account, you can:
1. Post your COMMENTS on any story, blog, video, photo, etc., throughout the entire site.
2. CREATE your own GOLFWEEK.com BLOG – just like our own writers – and have the chance to see your blog featured on the GOLFWEEK.com homepage.
3. CHOOSE which headlines (Pro, college, junior, etc.) you want to appear on the GOLFWEEK.com homepage.
4. MANAGE news alerts to your e-mail or mobile phone.
5. BUILD your personal profile, connect with friends and interact with other myGOLFWEEK members.
• UPGRADED STAFF BLOGS: All of your favorite Golfweek blogs – and several new ones – have been upgraded to Web 2.0 standards, allowing you to keep tabs on the site’s most popular content.
• THE NEW GOLFWEEKTV: Our video programming is only getting better. Expect more videos, covering a wider range of tournaments and topics in golf, presented in a cleaner, more efficient way. They’re waiting for you whenever you want to watch.
• INTEGRATED MEDIA: When you click on a story, expect more than just words. The new GOLFWEEK.com tells the whole story, with video, slideshows, podcasts and more.
• IMPROVED SEARCHABILITY: New search feature allows you to find current and archived stories on any person or topic.
• DISCUSSION BOARDS: Our popular discussion boards aren’t changing – they’re just moving to their own destination. Go to TheGolfBoards.com powered by Golfweek to talk with others about the hottest topics in competitive golf.
• ALL THAT, AND MORE!
Golfweek.com readers: We value your input and welcome your comments, but please be respectful in this forum.