Golfweek’s Best Deals: Pinehurst, N.C.
Pinehurst sometimes is described as America’s home of golf. Some might debate that point, but certainly few spots in this country can match the Sandhills’ golf history and concentration of notable courses. And this time of year, you’ll typically find a temperate climate and great off-season rates.
• • •
VILLAGE OF PINEHURST, N.C. – Pinehurst No. 2 is closed for renovations until March. So why head to the Sandhills? Because Pinehurst has a deeper roster than the ‘27 Yankees, including courses No. 4 and No. 8, ranked seventh and eighth statewide among Golfweek’s Best Courses You Can Play.
Through Feb. 22, the resort is running its Evergreen Golf or Spa Special, which includes:
• Two rounds of golf or two spa treatments (or one of each)
• Buffet breakfast
• Rates start at $199 per night based on double occupancy.
• Visit www.pinehurst.com.
• • •
SOUTHERN PINES, N.C. – If you want a serious Donald Ross fix while in Pinehurst, you can head just down the road to Pine Needles and Mid Pines. There are a number of attractive, affordable packages currently available, but you might want to consider shelling out a few extra bucks for the Ultimate Golf Package for all that it has to offer. It runs through Feb. 21 and includes:
• Unlimited golf at Pine Needles (No. 2 statewide) and Mid Pines (No. 6 statewide)
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner
• Range balls
• Rates start at $285 per night based on double occupancy.
• Visit www.pineneedles-midpines.com.