EA reveals new players, courses for Tiger 13
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
EA Sports: The Making of Tiger Woods PGA Tour '13: Hunter Mahan MoCap
EA Sports revealed five new players Tuesday that will be in its upcoming release, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13.
In addition to its popular characters like Tiger Woods, Luke Donald, Bubba Watson and Rickie Fowler, players will now be able to play as the following characters:
• Ben Crane - 2011 McGladrey Classic champion, 7 professional wins
• Ross Fisher - 2010 Europe Ryder Cup member, 7 professional wins
• Dustin Johnson - 2011 British Open runner-up, 2011 Barclays champion
• Graeme McDowell - 2010 U.S. Open champion, 8 professional wins
• Hunter Mahan - 2010 U.S. Ryder Cup member, 4 professional wins
The new game will also offer 16 courses for gamers to play, including five new courses making their debut. Those courses are:
• The Ocean Course at Kiawah Island (host of 2012 PGA Championship)
• Crooked Stick Golf Course (host of 2012 BMW Championship)
• Valhalla (hosted 2008 Ryder Cup)
• Royal County Down (dating from 1889, is one of the oldest golf clubs in Ireland)
• Royal Birkdale (9-time host of The Open Championship)
Augusta National, which debuted in last year’s game, will still be available to players, as well.
EA will also release a Collector’s Edition of the game, which will include five additional courses:
• PGA National Course
• Pinehurst Resort (No. 2 Course)
• The Old White TPC (formerly Greenbrier)
• Straits Course at Whistling Straits
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 is due out March 27 and will feature an all-new swing mechanic and integration with the Kinect for XBOX 360, allowing players to play without a controller. Read about all of those changes here.
Golfweek.com readers: We value your input and welcome your comments, but please be respectful in this forum.