Golfweek's top 10: Men's individuals, freshmen
Golfweek's Top 10 individuals
1. Michael Kim, junior, California: Consensus 2013 Player of Year won three times as sophomore. Finished out of top 11 once in 14 starts.
2. Patrick Rodgers, junior, Stanford: Five-time college winner had strong summer and always seems to play his best in big events.
3. Bobby Wyatt, senior, Alabama: Wyatt somehow went without a victory last season. Don’t expect it to happen again.
4. Cory Whitsett, senior, Alabama: He and fellow senior Wyatt won’t allow Tide to roll backward after the loss of Justin Thomas.
5. Julien Brun, junior, TCU: Six college victories and one pro title in first 2 years at TCU. More to come from this Frenchman.
6. Oliver Goss, senior, Tennessee: Aussie and U.S. Amateur runner-up will be noticed each time out this season for Vols.
7. Cheng-Tsung Pan, junior, Washington: No longer in Chris Williams’ shadow, Pan knows it’s time to step forward and lead Huskies.
8. Sebastian Cappelen, senior, Arkansas: SEC champion notched nine top 20s last season and reached Western Amateur semis this summer.
9. Greg Eason, senior, Central Florida: How’s this for consistency? Finished in top 20 in all 13 starts last season, with two victories.
10. Michael Weaver, senior, California: Six top 4s, an NCAA regional title, plus spots in Masters, U.S. Open and Walker Cup. Not a bad year.
- Corey Conners, senior, Kent State
- Scott Fernandez, junior, Iowa State
- Talor Gooch, senior, Oklahoma State
- Brandon Hagy, senior, California
- Kramer Hickok, junior, Texas
- Jordan Niebrugge, sophomore, Oklahoma State
- Jon Rahm, sophomore, Arizona State
- Joel Stalter, senior, California
- Curtis Thompson, junior, LSU
- Cameron Wilson, senior, Stanford
- Anders Albertson, junior, Georgia Tech
- Ian Davis, senior, Oklahoma State
- Bryson Dechambeau, sophomore, SMU
- Matt Fitzpatrick, freshman, Northwestern
- Jonathan Garrick, sophomore, UCLA
- M.J. Maguire, junior, North Florida
- Trey Mullinax, senior, Alabama
- Matthew NeSmith, sophomore, South Carolina
- Ollie Schniederjans, junior, Georgia Tech
- Robby Shelton, freshman, Alabama
– Lance Ringler
- Matt Fitzpatrick, Northwestern
- Robby Shelton, Alabama
- Matthias Schwab, Vanderbilt
- Gavin Hall, Texas
- Viraat Badhwar, Stanford
- Jim Liu, Stanford
- Gavin Moynihan, Alabama
- Beau Hossler, Texas
- Matt Gilchrest, Auburn
- Carson Young, Clemson
Other frosh to watch: Ben Dietrich (South Carolina), Rico Hoey (USC), Peter Kim (Army), Thomas Lim (Oregon), Jack Maguire (Florida State), Zachary Olsen (Oklahoma State), Corey Pereira (Washington), Greyson Sigg (Georgia), Jimmy Stanger (Virginia), Victor Tarnstrom (Florida)
– Brentley Romine