Hadley, others still eyeing Open berths in Memphis
Friday, June 6, 2014
There are still five U.S. Open spots available for players inside the top 60 of the Official World Golf Ranking as of Monday.
One of those spots will go to Kevin Na, who is currently ranked 40th. The other four will either go to players who move into the top 60 or to alternates from U.S. Open Sectional Qualifying.
Here is the list of players who could qualify via the OWGR top 60 out of Memphis, along with their current standing at TPC Southwind:
- No. 66 Chesson Hadley: T-7, 4 under through 36 holes
- No. 68 Charles Howell III: T-73, 1 over through 18 holes
- No. 74: Thorbjorn Olesen: T-103, 3 over through 20 holes
- No. 76: Scott Stallings: T-24, 2 under through 18 holes
- No. 79 Freddie Jacobson: T-11, 3 under through 19 holes
Hadley is currently in the best position while Jacobson has a little more work to do, likely needing a T-2 finish or better to enter the top 60 and punch his ticket to Pinehurst.
Golfweek.com readers: We value your input and welcome your comments, but please be respectful in this forum.