The following is Golfweek’s special report on adjustability, which appeared in the Jan. 19 issue of Golfweek:
• Adjust on the fly:Clubmakers, retailers and golfers try to piece together whetheradjustable clubs will take off – or become an equipment footnote
• Ready or not, shaftmakers prepare for higher profile:In the new era of adjustability, shaft companies will need to maketheir brands more visible and desirable in the eyes of consumers.
• Adjusting to adjustability: Jim Achenbach addresses the many questions golfers will likely have about adjustability.
• Q&A with Dick Rugge:Dick Rugge, senior technical director for the USGA, explains how theadjustability rule change came about and what it might mean down theroad.
• BONUS VIDEO: Adjustability: Golfweek’s Adam Schupak finds out what the new USGA rule holds for adjustable clubs.
• • •
Click here for Golfweek’s coverage of the 2008 PGA Merchandise Show.