• Quote of the week: “Gotta be the pants!” (Said by a member of the gallery as Ian Poulter teed off on No. 18 Saturday at TPC Sawgrass).
• When 54-hole leader Alex Cejka showed up Sunday at the Players Championship, he definitely made a statement without saying a word… Despite his five-shot lead, Cejka definitely felt the heat that comes along with this type of Sunday afternoon pressure – and playing with Tiger doesn’t help matters either!
We think he felt the heat more than he needed to though; did no one warn him that the temperature was going to be nearing the 100 mark? Although he looked stylish in this top-to-bottom black outfit, even NBC commentators were questioning his choice in threads. Our advice to Cejka, who said he actually would have worn Tiger-esque Sunday Red if he’d packed that color shirt: Next time you have a five-shot lead on the PGA Tour, don’t put the heat on yourself, wear white!!!
• While Cejka was burning up in black (and not in the right way), Henrik Stenson had white working well for him Sunday at Sawgrass. He kept it cool and classy in white Hugo Boss pants and this white and baby blue Hugo Boss shirt; he’s got the game and the looks, so hopefully we’ll be seeing more and more from Mr. Striptease.
• Tiger was sporting the mock turtleneck again yesterday. Although he pulls the look off, we don’t recommend this look for the average (pipe-less) golfer… Tiger has a mysterious way of making anything he puts on look crisp and classic and fit like a glove. If only we could figure out what his secret is…
• Ian Poulter and his IJP clothing line are definitely getting the praise it deserves. Poulter seemed to appreciate the support from his fans with a little thumbs up; we hope he knows that we give him two thumbs up on the pink pants AND his trendsetting ways.
• Paula Creamer’s back and sporting the white belt! Paula was playing at the World Ladies Championship Salonpas Cup just northeast of Tokyo this past weekend where she looked cute in her usual Sunday pink. The white belt gave it that trendy retro look and she even matched the belt buckle to her pink attire. Even though the hat is not our favorite, she gets a mention because she is sticking with one of the top trends in golf.
• Check out a sneak peak of our new show The Look.