Here are the 30 players in this week’s Tour Championship:
• • •
1. Tiger Woods: World No. 1 player with five PGA Tour wins this season, yet none of them majors.
2. Henrik Stenson: Swede entered playoffs 31st in points, then won Deutsche Bank Championship.
3. Adam Scott: Broke cellophane on majors with Masters win in April; Aussie also won Barclays.
4. Zach Johnson: Fourth in points despite skipping Barclays; seven top-10 finishes.
5. Matt Kuchar: Two wins this year – and hasn’t missed a cut; average playoff finish 16th.
6. Steve Stricker: Semi-retired? He’s finished in the top 25 in 10 of 12 official starts this season.
7. Graham DeLaet: Sporting a playoff beard, Canadian is looking for first career PGA Tour win.
8. Phil Mickelson: Since storybook Open Championship win, average finish is 35th (five events).
9. Justin Rose: Reigning U.S. Open champ has 12 top-25 finishes against two missed cuts (16 events).
10. Brandt Snedeker: Two wins this season (AT&T Pebble Beach; RBC Canadian Open) among nine top 10s.
11. Jim Furyk: It doesn’t get any cooler than 59; seven top-10 finishes this season but no wins.
12. Nick Watney: Two top-10 finishes in Cup ends midseason slump (six MCs from Players to Wyndham).
13. Jordan Spieth: One of two rookies to reach playoffs (Russell Henley); 12 top 25s in 22 starts.
14. Jason Day: No wins among seven top-10 finishes this season – but no missed cuts either.
15. Hunter Mahan: Average playoff finish 14th, bouncing back from disappointing PGA Championship (T-57).
16. Keegan Bradley: Missed cut at U.S. Open, but finished in top 20 six times since (eight starts).
17. Gary Woodland: Won Stableford-scored Reno-Tahoe Open; two top-20 finishes during playoffs.
18. Bill Haas: Usually hot, sometimes cold – has 14 top-30 finishes, five missed cuts in last 19 events.
19. Kevin Streelman: Won Tampa Bay Championship in March; no top 10s since Players Championship in May.
20. Jason Dufner: Roller-coaster of late: PGA Championship win, T-37 at Barclays, T-9 at Deutsche Bank, T-54 at BMW.
21. Webb Simpson: Last top 10 was T-5 at Travelers in June; only four missed cuts in 24 Tour starts.
22. Billy Horschel: Won Zurich Classic of New Orleans in April; T-18 at BMW best finish since June.
23. Charl Schwartzel: Steady, with 13 top 25s in 18 starts this year, but just six top 10s and no wins.
24. Roberto Castro: Missed cut at Wyndham in August; average finish 13th in five starts surrounding that MC.
25. Sergio Garcia: Just five top 10s in 16 Tour starts this season – but 10 top 10s and no missed cuts (one WD).
26. Boo Weekley: Tie for 12 at PGA Championship is only top 25 since winning Crowne Plaza Invitational in May.
27. Brendon de Jonge: Average Cup finish 15th; South African has just four top 10s in 29 starts this year.
28. D.A. Points: Late-season fade includes six missed cuts in last 11 starts, just one top 10 (T-6 at Barclays).
29. Luke Donald: Finished T-41 at Barclays and Deutsche Bank after three MCs in four events – then T-4 at BMW.
30. Dustin Johnson: Won Tournament of Champions in January; T-8 at PGA Championship followed by MC at Barclays.