Last month, the U.S. Golf Association announced the 114 local qualifying sites for the 2017 U.S. Open. Monday, the USGA released its list of 12 sectional qualifiers for this year.
Unlike local qualifiers, sectional qualifiers are 36 holes. The number of players advancing out of sectionals will be determined based on fields.
Those who advanced from sectionals earn a spot in the U.S. Open, to be played June 15-18 at Erin Hills (Wis.) Golf Course:
- Ono Golf Club, Ono City, Japan
- Walton Heath Golf Club, Surrey, England
- Big Canyon CC & Newport Beach CC, Newport Beach, Calif.
- Jupiter Hills Club (Hills), Tequesta, Fla.
- Hawks Ridge Golf Club, Ball Ground, Ga.
- Woodmont CC (North), Rockville, Md.
- Canoe Brook CC (North/South), Summit, N.J.
- Brookside CC & Lakes CC, Columbus, Ohio
- Springfield CC, Springfield, Ohio
- Germantown CC & Ridgeway CC, Memphis, Tenn.
- Lakewood CC, Dallas
- Tacoma CC, Lakewood, Wash.