Saturday Presidents Cup pairings
Friday, October 9, 2009
SAN FRANCISCO – Pairings are out for Saturday’s morning foursomes matches:
Match 13: Goosen-Villegas vs. Mickelson-O’Hair
Match 14: Els-Scott vs. Leonard-Furyk
Match 15: Allenby-Singh vs. Cink-Mahan
Match 16: Weir-Clark vs. Woods-Stricker
Match 17: Yang-Ishikawa vs. Perry-Johnson
Presidents Cup: Day 2
The U.S. carried over its lead from Thursday's foursomes at the Presidents Cup, and remain one point ahead of the International Team.
A few thoughts:
• The International team is using three of the teams it used in Thursday’s opening foursomes matches. The new pairings: Y.E. Yang and Ryo Ishikawa, as well as Retief Goosen and Camilo Villegas.
• Sitting for the International side: Two-time major winner Angel Cabrera and former U.S. Open champion Geoff Ogilvy. Both players are 0-2 (they lost together on Friday; Ogilvy twice has run up against Tiger Woods-Steve Stricker, and has yet to get to the 16th tee).
• Sitting for the U.S. team: Lucas Glover (0-2) and Anthony Kim (1-1). Perhaps nobody has played poorer than Kim has the first two days. He basically left Jim Furyk to fend for himself on Friday.
• Saturday is the only day of the matches that features two sessions. There will be five four-ball matches played Saturday afternoon, with captains asked to name pairings roughly halfway through the morning session.
• Rookie Sean O’Hair has trailed in 31 of the 32 holes he has played in two days. He is 0-2.
• Tiger Woods and Steve Stricker are a combined 12 under for 29 holes.