Woods’ Masters pairings over the years
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Through 15 Masters, Tiger Woods has been paired with 26 players in the first round, including Matt Kuchar (1998), the same guy Woods will be paired with Thursday in his return to golf. K.J. Choi will also join the group.
Only three times before this week has Woods been paired with competitors more than once in the first round. In 2000, Woods was paired with Stewart Cink and Aaron Baddeley. The four-time green jacket winner would be paired with both again in future opening rounds, Baddeley in 2007 and Cink in 2009.
Woods was also paired with 2009 Masters Champion Angel Cabrera twice, in 2003 and 2008.
While Woods has played with Kuchar only one other time, in the third round of the 2005 Deutsche Bank Championship, K.J. Choi has been paired with Woods 12 times, including twice in the Accenture Match Play Championship.
• • •
Woods’ opening-rounds Masters pairings:
- 1995 – Jose Maria Olazabal
- 1996 – Ben Crenshaw
- 1997 – Nick Faldo
- 1998 – Matt Kuchar
- 1999 – Tim Herron, Sergio Garcia
- 2000 – Aaron Baddely, Stewart Cink
- 2001 – Mike Weir, Milko Illonen
- 2002 – Toshi Izawa, Bubba Dickerson
- 2003 – Angel Cabrera, Ricky Barnes
- 2004 – Casey Whittenberg, Thomas Bjorn
- 2005 – Darren Clarke, Carlos Franco
- 2006 – Robert Allenby, Edorado Molinari
- 2007 – Aaron Baddeley, Paul Casey
- 2008 – Angel Cabrera, Stuart Appleby
- 2009 – Stewart Cink, Jeev Milka SIngh
Golfweek.com readers: We value your input and welcome your comments, but please be respectful in this forum.