An inside look at the 2010 Palmer Cup teams
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
Off Campus: Palmer Cup teams announced
The United States and European teams have been announced for the 2010 Palmer Cup at Royal Portrush Golf Club in Northern Ireland. The annual Ryder Cup-style competition will be played June 24-26.
Among the players on Team Europe will be Augusta State’s Henrik Norlander and Andrea Pavan of Texas A&M. Both players will be competing in their second Palmer Cup after leading the Europe to victory last summer at Cherry Hills Country Club.
Team USA will feature Florida senior Tyson Alexander, whose father, Buddy, coached the U.S. to victory at Whistling Straits in 2005. The United States team does not have a returning player from last year’s squad.
The all-time Palmer Cup series is tied 6-6-1.
- James Byrne, Arizona State (Scotland)
- Rhys Enoch, East Tennessee State (England)
- Jesper Kennegard, Arizona State (Sweden)
- David Lingmerth, Arkansas (Sweden)
- Henrik Norlander, Augusta State (Sweden)
- Andrea Pavan, Texas A&M (Italy)
- Patrick Spraggs, Stirling (England)
- Pontus Widegren, UCLA (Sweden)
- Head coach: Dean Robertson, Scotland
- Assistant coach: Walle Danewid, Sweden
- Tyson Alexander, Florida
- John Chin, UCI
- David Chung, Stanford
- Dustin Garza, Wichita State
- Russell Henley, Georgia
- Daniel Miernicki, Oregon
- Corey Nagy, Charlotte
- Jonathan Randolph, Mississippi
- Head coach: Chris Zambri, Southern California
- Assistant coach, Brian Sharp, Virginia Tech