Monday Scramble: Questions to ponder
Monday, April 26, 2010
Welcome to the Monday Scramble. This week, we offer up questions – some important, most not – to ponder heading into the rest of the 2010 season:
• What will this year’s British Open be like if that Icelandic volcano decides to erupt again the week before things kick off at St. Andrews – and doesn’t stop for another five days?
• What Would Bobby Jones Have Tweeted (WWBT)?
• Shouldn’t we have known that Lorena OCHOa was only going to play the LPGA for eight years?
• Imagine if golf had a similar average length of career to the National Football League (three years)?
• Should golfers be penalized a stroke for every club that they throw?
• Will you own a 3-D television by next year’s Masters?
• If Europe loses the Ryder Cup this year, will captain Colin Montgomerie ever smile again?
• Will EA Sports’ “Tiger Woods PGA Tour” video game ever become better than playing real golf?
• Will McDonald’s produce a Michelle Wie action figure to put in Happy Meals?
• Would Donald Trump be a good PGA Tour or LPGA commissioner?
• Will Tim Tebow end up being a better quarterback or golfer?
• When are you going to stop hitting the flop shot when you should be running it up to the green with a 7-iron?
• Which second-tier PGA Tour event will Tiger Woods play in this year?
• Would David Letterman allow Jay Leno to read a “Top Ten” list if Leno won the U.S. Open?
• Are we there yet?
• Will Camilo Villegas act someday in a Marvel Comics Hollywood blockbuster?
• Are there more golf blogs or golf courses in the world?
• Who will win a major championship first: You or Sergio Garcia?
• Who will be the first golfer to go on “Dancing with the Stars?”
• Isn’t picking Rickie Fowler for the U.S. Ryder Cup team already a no-brainer?
• What will golf media outlets do if Jason Bohn wins again this year, considering they’ve already used up the headlines “The Bohn Supremacy,” “Bohn Appetit,” “Bohn-anza!” and “Bad to the Bohn?”
• When will the PGA Tour realize that team golf would be sorta fun more than once a year?
• More tabloid covers this year: Tiger & Elin or Brad & Angelina?
• Do you spend more time on the golf course or on Facebook?
• Could reading JD’s Tweets – “My nurse is going to make me some lunch and ice my hip (should I tell Anna she has to put nurse outfit on first?) LoL” – be any more uncomfortable?
• How easy will it be for Gary Player to break his age when he lives to 150?
• Which will win a major first: A pink golf ball or a yellow one?
• Don’t you think taking your younger children to a U.S. Amateur, where they can walk alongside their future heroes in the fairway, is much cooler (and way cheaper!) than taking them to a major?
• How on earth can a group of people veto a medical exemption application for a guy who lost his brother, girlfriend, dog and his lower right leg in an automobile accident?
• How long will it take before the NCAA men’s golf championship is televised again?
• Do you still feel bad for Kenny Perry because of what happened at last year’s Masters?
• Is Justin Timberlake the best thing that’s ever happened to the PGA Tour, even if they don’t know it yet?
• Will we ever see another player-captain at a Ryder Cup?
• When will Tiger Woods commit to the Olympics?
• Will Barack Obama ever receive a Nationwide Tour sponsor’s exemption?
• What is the meaning of golf?
Golfweek.com readers: We value your input and welcome your comments, but please be respectful in this forum.