Monday Scramble: Valentines for golfers
Welcome to the Monday Scramble, wishing you a relaxing Presidents Day and a belated happy Valentine’s Day.
Just a few comments from the weekend, since we all know you probably aren’t spending too much of your holiday on the ol’ iPad:
• We would rather watch Yani Tseng practice 4-footers for two hours than watch Saturday night’s NBA Slam Dunk Contest again.
• Speaking of All-Star weekend, we only feel the need to say this for the 13th time: Why the PGA Tour doesn’t have some sort of superstar get-together (featuring skills competitions and one-day Ryder-Cup style finale, East vs. West) midway through the season makes about as much sense to us as FedEx Cup mathematics.
(Not to mention that Anthony Kim chose Dallas over Pebble this weekend...)
• Can’t wait to watch Rory McIlroy carry the flag for Northern Ireland in the opening ceremonies for the 2016 Summer Olympics. And same for Padraig Harrington and the Republic of Ireland.
Paddy Power must already have odds on that, right?
• What are the odds on Dustin Johnson, now a back-to-back winner at Pebble Beach, winning the U.S. Open in a couple months?
Only Tiger knows.
• Freddie Couples, one of golf’s most popular hunks of all time, won his first Champions Tour title on Sunday.
Happy Valentine’s Day, ladies.
• And finally, we were pretty bummed to leave our local CVS Saturday afternoon without a box of the new PGA Tour “Valentines for Golfers.”
Unlike Farmers Insurance Open tickets, they were sold out!
Here’s a look at some of our favorites:
For only $19.99!
But you already knew that.
Perfect for your Boo.
I do, I do, I do!
But aim for the middle of the green.
But not the FedEx Cup Champion of it...
Or whatever that means.
E-mail the Monday Scramble: firstname.lastname@example.org