Previewing the PGA Merchandise Show
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
With the world’s largest gathering of some of the most prominent golf industry professionals underway, Demo Day kicked off the the 57th PGA Merchandise Show Wednesday at Orange Country National Golf Center and Lodge in Orlando, Fla.
Let’s take a look at some important events, people and booths to be featured this week at the PGA Merchandise Show at the Orange Country Convention Center.
• Jim Furyk with Cleveland (11 a.m.-1 p.m.)
• Natalie Gulbis and Butch Harmon with Winn Grips (10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.)
• Jim McLean (11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.)
• Peter Jacobsen and Hank Haney (4-5 p.m.)
• PGA Awards Night (5:30-7:30 p.m.)
• Paula Creamer appearing with Sundog, Bridgestone and LPGA booths, respectively (10:30 a.m.-2 p.m.)
• Brian Gay with Bettinardi (10 a.m.-12 p.m.) and with Sligo Wear (1-2 p.m.)
• Christina Kim (10-11:00 a.m.)
• Nancy Lopez (10-11:00 a.m., 3-4:30 p.m.)
• Annika Sorenstam with SA Fragrance (2:30-3 p.m.)
• Elations “Rocks the joint” concert featuring Kansas at the Linda Chapin Auditoriumn (6-8:00 p.m.)
• • •
On the apparel side, get your map and booth numbers handy. The Show can be overwhelming. In fact, there are 10 miles of show aisles!
Gogie Girl, booth 4379: This women’s athletic headwear line will be debuting a new collection, the Audrey. Known for its stylish and sporty headwear, the Audrey collection adds new elements to the headwear, which will be made from 100 percent cotton with an inner drawstring for a custom fit. The hats can be customized with embroidered logo and embellishments from Swarovski crystals. The Audrey Collection comes in a variety of colors: poppy, skye blue, white, black, cotton candy and their signature Dottie Brown/Lavender.
Dawgs Golf, booth 3263: This company will be launching its second-generation men’s and women’s shoes, the Ultralite Golf Spirit collection. Similar to the Crocs brand, the Ultralite Golf Spirit shoe was made specifically for golfers with light-weight construction, rubber outsole with soft spikes, an adjustable Velcro strap and arch support.
Travis Mathew, booth 3972: This company seems to get more coverage than any other on this blog and for good reason. TM is still a relatively young player in the apparel industry, first launching in the summer of 2007. However, they’ve stormed onto the professional scene. Travis Mathew just added Bubba Watson and Geoff Ogilvy to its roster and is unveiling a final addition this week at Torrey Pines. TM is a youthful, cutting-edge men’s line with a classic vibe.
Birdy & Grace, booth 5076: I’ll be interested to see this company’s feminine 2010 collection that will include detailed embellishments and beautiful new colors. LPGA player Jane Park will be at their booth Thursday from 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
IZOD G, meeting room D2: Look for a rejuvenated collection with bolder patterns and colors. Argyles used in innovated ways and dramatic stripes and eye-catching designs.
J. Lindeberg, booth 5451: This company definitely sets golf fashion trends early and brings a European flair to America.