Autopsy: Green’s son died from alcohol, drugs
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
DALLAS – The Dallas County Medical Examiner’s Office says Hunter Green, the son of professional golfer Ken Green, died as a result of a combination of alcohol and prescription drugs.
An autopsy report obtained Tuesday by The Dallas Morning News concludes that Green’s January death was accidental. It also concludes that the drugs in Green’s system were muscle relaxants and painkillers.
Green, 21, a Southern Methodist University sophomore, was found dead in his dorm room on Jan. 22.
His sister, Brooke Baker, says her brother was prescribed the medications after an injury.
It was the second family tragedy in eight months for Ken Green. He had his lower right leg amputated last summer after a recreational-vehicle accident in which his brother, girlfriend and dog were killed.
Golfweek.com readers: We value your input and welcome your comments, but please be respectful in this forum.