Golfweek’s Best Deals: Around the country
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Here are three variously priced deals at courses rated among Golfweek’s Best in their respective states.
Kinder, La.: At Koasati Pines, you can get a round of golf and a room, and your bill won’t even sniff triple digits. So you almost have a fiduciary duty to lose money at Coushatta Casino Resort. The deal:
- A room at Koasati Pines Lodge
- One round of golf
- Rates start at $58 based on double occupancy ($90 Friday-Sunday)
- Visit coushattacasinoresort.com
• • •
Riverside, Iowa: You can gamble and golf in the heartland at Riverside Casino & Golf Resort, home to a 2007 Rees Jones design. The stay-and-play deal includes:
- One night in a king or double-queen room
- One round of golf for two at Blue Top Ridge
- Breakfast for two at Robert’s Buffet
- Rates start at $249.95 Sunday-Thursday (add $60 on weekends)
- Visit riversidecasinoandresort.com
• • •
Las Vegas: If you want to stay-and-play on The Strip, there’s only one place to go. Vegas visionary Steve Wynn quickly has developed Wynn Las Vegas and Encore Las Vegas into five-diamond properties, complete with a flashy Tom Fazio course.
The golf getaway package includes:
- Two nights in a resort room at Wynn Las Vegas or a resort suite king at Encore Las Vegas
- One round of golf for two
- Prix fixe lunch for two
- Rates starts at $449 per night ($519 Friday-Sunday)
- Visit wynnlasvegas.com
Golfweek.com readers: We value your input and welcome your comments, but please be respectful in this forum.