Player diary: Nicole fights off sickness
(First, a quick note to my buddy Brendan Steele: Congrats on winning the PGA Tour's Valeron Texas Open!)
Back to the blog...
I would like to let you all know that my blogs are now going to be posted on Tuesdays. That way I will be able to write about my entire week, including my Sunday rounds. Now onto this last week…
Nicole Noelle Smith
Nicole Noelle Smith is an up-and-coming player on the LPGA Futures Tour. Nicole will be bringing you her story in 2011 through her own, exclusive blog on Golfweek.com
This last week has been full of resting when I could, but still getting the work done that has to be taken care of. After I got home from Mexico, I came down with a cold and am still trying to recover. I had a lesson with my golf coach earlier this week to make sure my swing is fluid and flawless. We also checked my putting because I felt like something was not right in my stroke and I was right, my shoulders were open.
Oh, I am happy to announce that I partnered with Softspikes as a Certified Products Specialist, CPS, to work in the Los Angeles area.
A synopsis of my thoughts through the week:
• I had two days of Softspikes CPS training. I am happy it is going to be adding a little extra cash and feeling of security with my bank account. Sweet!
• I absolutely hate being sick. Whenever I get sick, I feel like I get hit twice as hard and it makes my allergies go nuts!! And I will never understand why when you are sick and need to most rest it is the hardest time to rest. I hate laying on the couch and resting, I am not good at it at all, especially since I cannot workout! But I am stoked that NetFlix has added Desperate Housewives to its list of shows! It has helped a lot in my rest time.
• I find it super funny when people are shocked that I really am a professional golfer. I get a statement that usually goes, “ You don’t look like a golfer.” Not sure what they are looking for as a standard of golfer.
• I was going to spend some time practicing and working on my game, but somehow I have a hard time turning down a good 18hole match. A friend texted me while I was practicing and wanted to know if I wanted to play a match. Then while we were warming up another friend messaged and asked if we wanted to play. It was a great round and I shot 68 and won by a stroke!
• I had two days that I worked for Srixon and the “Make the Switch” campaign. I drove up to Bakersfield for a day, went to two clubs and the promotion went great! I also spent a morning at a course out in La Quinta promoting the golf balls as well. I am really happy with how everyone is loving the golf balls.
• I am planning on practice, practice, practice.
• Oh, and this is the first time in five years I will be home for my mother's birthday, my brother's birthday and to celebrate Easter with my family.
I hope you all have a great week!! I am going to be spending time getting ready to head to San Antonio for the Symetra Classic at Dominion Country Club. I hope you all enjoy Easter Weekend with your family and I shall talk to you when I am in San Antonio!!