Golfweek collects GWAA writing awards
Friday, February 25, 2011
Golfweek writers were awarded top honors in the Golf Writers Association of America’s annual writing contest. Beth Ann Baldry’s column on Lorena Ochoa’s abrupt retirement to concentrate on family was named the best non-daily column, and Jeff Rude also took top honors in the non-daily special projects category for his piece about channeling Ben Hogan.
Golfweek’s other award winners:
• Jeff Babineau with an honorable mention for best internet column.
• James Achenbach with an honorable mention for best internet feature.
• Rude with an honorable mention for best non-daily column on Ken Green’s return to golf after losing his leg.
• Jim McCabe with a runner-up for non-daily column about Bubba Watson qualifying for the Ryder Cup and an honorable mention for Non-Daily News with a story on Amy and Phil Mickelson’s tear-jerker of a family portrait at the Masters.
• Rich Skyzinski with a third place for his non-daily column about Bruce Summerhays’ goodbye to competitive golf.
• Baldry and Sean Martin with a runner-up in the non-daily special projects category.
Golfweek.com readers: We value your input and welcome your comments, but please be respectful in this forum.