5 Things: Lincicome’s Hooters Tour debut
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
LPGA player Brittany Lincicome played a Hooters Tour Winter Series event at Deer Island Golf Club in Tavares, Fla. Here are five things you need to know:
- Lincicome opened with a 2-over 74 at Deer Island Golf Club. She made her single birdie at No. 16, but hung birdie putts on the lip at Nos. 17 and 18.
- Lincicome’s goal entering the tournament was to make the cut, which will be low 38 players and ties.
- The yardage at a Hooters Tour event is roughly 500 yards longer than an LPGA event. For Lincicome, that meant less chance of hitting the par 5s in two and making up shots.
- This is Lincicome’s first Hooters event, and she is also the first LPGA player to play on this tour. She also plays the occasional Moonlight Tour event.
- Lincicome was paired with Nationwide Tour player Zack Sucher and Jay Whitby. Her 74 was the highest score in the group.
Golfweek.com readers: We value your input and welcome your comments, but please be respectful in this forum.