Woods’ next caddie? Oddsmaker likes Sunesson
So the speculation begins on who will replace Steve Williams as Tiger Woods’ caddie.
Irish bookmaker Paddy Powers has installed Fanny Sunesson as a 6/4 favorite to replace Williams.
Sunesson, who loops for Henrik Stenson, caddied for Nick Faldo when he won four of his six majors and has been a mental coach to Martin Kaymer, as well.
Others in the mix:
• Bryon Bell, Woods’ friend and president of Tiger Woods Design, at 13/8
• Paul Tesori, who has caddied for Vijay Singh and Sean O’Hair and these days loops for Webb Simpson, at 7/4
• John Wood, Hunter Mahan’s caddie, at 5/1
• Tony Navarro, who caddied for Adam Scott until being dismissed earlier this year before landing recently with Angel Cabrera, at 6/1
• Billy Foster, Lee Westwood’s caddie, at 8/1
• J.P. Fitzgerald, who carries for Rory McIlroy, at 12/1
• Joe LaCava, who left Fred Couples this year to join Dustin Johnson, at 20/1
• Colin Byrne, recently dismissed by Edorado Molinari, at 33/1.
Powers also is promoting Woods vs. Williams as to who will win next. The bookmaker has Woods an 8/15 favorite to Williams 11/8.