Woods’ next caddie? Oddsmaker likes Sunesson
Thursday, July 21, 2011
So the speculation begins on who will replace Steve Williams as Tiger Woods’ caddie.
Irish bookmaker Paddy Powers has installed Fanny Sunesson as a 6/4 favorite to replace Williams.
Sunesson, who loops for Henrik Stenson, caddied for Nick Faldo when he won four of his six majors and has been a mental coach to Martin Kaymer, as well.
Others in the mix:
• Bryon Bell, Woods’ friend and president of Tiger Woods Design, at 13/8
• Paul Tesori, who has caddied for Vijay Singh and Sean O’Hair and these days loops for Webb Simpson, at 7/4
• John Wood, Hunter Mahan’s caddie, at 5/1
• Tony Navarro, who caddied for Adam Scott until being dismissed earlier this year before landing recently with Angel Cabrera, at 6/1
• Billy Foster, Lee Westwood’s caddie, at 8/1
• J.P. Fitzgerald, who carries for Rory McIlroy, at 12/1
• Joe LaCava, who left Fred Couples this year to join Dustin Johnson, at 20/1
• Colin Byrne, recently dismissed by Edorado Molinari, at 33/1.
Powers also is promoting Woods vs. Williams as to who will win next. The bookmaker has Woods an 8/15 favorite to Williams 11/8.