DirecTV plans bonus U.S. Open coverage
• Play the Golfweek Major Challenge: Click here to enter our fantasy contest for the U.S. Open and win great prizes! Free to enter!
For those viewers not satisfied with 30 hours of live U.S. Open coverage on NBC and ESPN, DirecTV has you covered.
DirecTV again will be offering enhanced coverage, as it has done for major championships in recent years. This will include three free channels of bonus coverage, with dedicated announcers and cameras, throughout the tournament.
Here’s the lineup.
• Channel 701: U.S. Open Mix channel, which will show various feeds.
• Channel 702: Network coverage.
• Channel 703: A featured group will be followed on the back nine and each shot they hit will be shown.
• Channel 704: A second featured group will be shown on the back nine.
• Channel 705: Every shot struck at the par-3 10th and par-4 18th will be shown here.
Eleven announcers will be working on this expanded coverage. They include Terry Gannon, Olin Browne, Tom Weiskopf and Dave Stockton.
Interactive features also are available on each channel. These features include a full leaderboard, scorecards and stats, and daily trivia.