Complete Coverage: 2011 NCAA postseason
Saturday, June 4, 2011
It's postseason time and Golfweek.com brings you closer to the action than anyone else. Check back daily for coverage from the men's and women's NCAA regionals and championships.
Follow Golfweek staffers on Twitter for up-to-the-second coverage
• Also be sure to "like" Lance Ringler's College Golf Page on Facebook for daily updates and chatter about the world of college golf.
NCAA Men's Championships (May 31-June 5)
MATCH PLAY SEMIFINALS
- Balicki: Wrong Ron will be Right Ron on Sunday, as someone from the state of Georgia will be taking home the title. STORY
- Shocker in Stillwater: Augusta State knocks out host Oklahoma State STORY
- Dawg pound: Georgia holds off back-nine charge by Duke to advance to final. STORY
- The semis, in photos: Plenty of great action Saturday, and our Tracy Wilcox caught it all. Check out her extensive gallery. PICTURES
- The final preview: Lance Ringler and Asher Wildman preview Sunday's final between Georgia and Augusta State. VIDEO
MATCH PLAY QUARTERFINALS
- Balicki: The semifinals at the NCAA Championship will feature a rehashing of last year's final between Oklahoma State and Augusta State. STORY
- Match recaps: Catch up on Friday's quarterfinal matches STORY
- Martin: Augusta State junior Patrick Reed has accepted a sponsor exemption into next week’s FedEx St. Jude Classic on the PGA Tour. Reed will play the event as a professional, a source tells Golfweek. STORY
- Martin: With stroke play over at the NCAAs, many players are now focusing on the amateur season. Here's a look at Sean Martin's most recent Walker Cup Watch List. STORY
- Ping First-Team All-America honorees for Division I men’s have been announced by the Golf Coaches Association of America following the stroke-play portion of the NCAA Championships. STORY
- UCLA’s Patrick Cantlay was named the winner of the Phil Mickelson Award Thursday by the Golf Coaches Association of America. The award, presented by the Phil and Amy Mickelson foundation, recognizes the most outstanding freshman in men’s Division I golf. STORY
- Photos: Images from the first round of match play at the NCAA Championship, played at Karsten Creek Golf Club in Stillwater, Okla. STORY
- Video: Lance Ringler always says that match play is no different than a coin toss. We put his theory to the test and predict who will walk away as champions at the 2011 NCAA Men's Championship at Karsten Creek. VIDEO
- Video: Asher Wildman and Lance Ringler look ahead to the first round of match play at the 2011 NCAA Men's Championship at Karsten Creek. VIDEO
- Five things: The final round of stroke play at the NCAA Championship can be a stressful one, as Augusta State found out Thursday. Sean Martin wraps up the day with five things. STORY
- Balicki: The excitement is just beginning at the NCAA Championship as the field was narrowed to the top eight teams for match play. STORY
- Babineau: Oklahoma State may be the favorite in Stillwater, but Illinois has proven it can't be overlooked. STORY
- Wildman: Another seven mile walk is in the books and so is the stroke play portion of this national championship. STORY
- Balicki: After injuring his Achilles during the Big Ten Conference Championship, Lion Kim is fighting through postseason on one leg. STORY
- Live Blog: Golfweek staffers spent the third round of the NCAA Championship live blogging from Karsten Creek. Get caught up on the action. STORY
- Martin: Cal freshman Ben An, the 2009 U.S. Amateur champion, told Golfweek he’s “95 percent certain” that he’ll turn pro after this year’s U.S. Amateur. STORY
- Photos: Images from the final day of stroke play at the NCAA Championship, played at Karsten Creek Golf Club in Stillwater, Okla. PHOTOS
- Video: At the NCAA Men's Championship, players made end up facing 7 straight days of golf. Asher Wildman travels to OSU's athletic center to find out just what these athletes do to stay in shape. VIDEO
- Live Blog: News and notes from Round 2 of stroke play at Karsten Creek. STORY
- Photos: Images from Round 2. PHOTOS
- Wildman's Walk: Karsten Creek proved to be quite a workout, even without a golf bag in tow. STORY
- Martin: Despite plenty of big-name alumni, Georgia Tech has never won an NCAA Championship. The Yellow Jackets top the team leaderboard after Round 2. STORY
- Martin: Peter Uihlein shot 69 Wednesday, but Oklahoma State likely will enter the final round of stroke play near the cut line at the NCAA Championship. STORY
- Video: Lance Ringler and Asher Wildman go over/under at the 2011 NCAA Men's Championship at Karsten Creek after day one of competition. VIDEO
- Video: Lance Ringler and Asher Wildman wrap up day two action at the 2011 NCAA Men's Championship at Karsten Creek with a game of "What's the Word?" VIDEO
- Balicki: By just about any standard, Georgia Tech has had an outstanding season, but the team is just now getting the notoriety it deserves. VIDEO
- Definite buzz: Behind James White's opening 67, Georgia Tech took the early stroke-play lead at the NCAA Championship. STORY
- Live Blog: All the news and updates from Round 1 of the NCAA Championship. STORY
- Wildman's Walk: Asher is excited about how much it actually feels like a championship this week at Karsten Creek. STORY
- Photos: Images from Round 1. PHOTOS
- Staff Picks: Golfweek staffers pick which teams they think will advance to match play at the NCAA Championship. STORY
- Fowler sets high bar for OSU at Karsten Creek: What would former OSU star Rickie Fowler shoot at Karsten Creek these days? He was there this week to find out. STORY
- Balicki: Place your bets! "Wrong Ron" breaks down the field in his annual taut sheet. STORY
- Martin: Kennesaw State is headed to its first-ever NCAA Championship. Can the Owls compete at Karsten Creek? STORY
- Video: Off-Campus takes a look at the quick turnaround of Iowa's golf program. VIDEO
NCAA Women's Championships (May 17-21)
- UCLA WINS: The Bruins won their third national championship in program history under cloudy skies and fading light, and with Purdue in hot pursuit. STORY
- Ringler: The Traditions Club was slammed with rain Friday night. Lance Ringler explains what it will mean for the leaders at the women's NCAA Championship. STORY
- Wildman: With Friday's delays, it's going to be tough for the NCAA championship to finish on time. Is it time to institute a 54-hole cut? STORY
- Notes: The host Aggies are holding their own at the NCAA Championship. That and more from Round 3 at Traditions. STORY
- Baldry: Thanks to Tiffany Lua's ace, UCLA stormed into a commanding lead at the NCAA Championship. STORY
- Video: Wrap-up from Round 3 of the NCAA Championship. VIDEO
- Photos: Images from Round 3 of the women's NCAA Championship. PHOTOS
- Ringler: There hasn't been much excitement this year in women's college golf and the NCAA Championship is no exception. STORY
- Unlikely hero: LSU freshman Austin Ernst shot 6-under 66 to open a three-shot lead in the individual race at the NCAA Championship. STORY
- Williams: Arkansas' Kelli Shean has more than golf on her mind this week at the NCAA Championship – she's also preparing for a pro career and a June wedding. STORY
- Photos: Images from Round 2 of the women's NCAA Championship. PHOTOS
- Baldry: Playing without the pressure of a pro career hanging over head, UCLA's Glory Yang is at peace with her game. STORY
- Wildman: Asher Wildman visited the Texas A&M practice grounds and saw a few sights worth remembering. STORY
- Ringler: Coaches at the NCAA Women's Championship remain against the .500 Rule, which was added in the men's game four years ago. STORY
- Williams: Marta Silva Zamora, the top-ranked player in the country, is off to a strong start at NCAAs. STORY
- Baldry: Washington's Anya Alvarez continues to inspire with a message of hope and perseverance. STORY
- The Leaders: UCLA and Virginia make early statements at The Traditions Club. STORY
- Photos: Images from the first round of the NCAA Women's Championship. PHOTOS
- Wildman: Asher Wildman brings you the sights and sounds from Round 1 of the Women's NCAA Championship. STORY
- Five Things: News and notes on the eve of the NCAA Women's Championship at The Traditions Club. STORY
- The Host: The Aggies are feeling comfortable. STORY
- Picks: Play begins Wednesday at the NCAA Women’s Championship. Golfweek’s college golf experts make their picks as the women battle The Traditions Club in Bryan, Texas. STORY
- Photos: Images from the Traditions Club. PHOTOS
NCAA Men's Regionals (May 19-21)
- Southeast: Gators take East title; Long closes in 62: Playing 40 minutes from campus, Florida hung on to win the Southeast Regional, while Missouri's Jace Long almost advanced his team to nationals by himself.
- Central: Michigan, Kim rally to take Central: Ninth-seeded Michigan came from behind to win the Central Regional, while U.S. Publinx champ Lion Kim of Michigan and Big Ten champ Luke Guthrie of Illinois shared medalist honors.
- East: Duke goes low to overtake Georgia Tech at East: After the Yellow Jackets looked to be running away with the East Regional, Duke stormed from behind to catch them Saturday.
- West: Cantlay wins by 6, leads UCLA to team title: Freshman Patrick Cantlay showed why he was one of three college golfers invited to the Hogan Award banquet, winning the West Regional by six shots.
- South Central: Tway, OSU breeze through regionals: Hogan award finalist Kevin Tway won medalist honors, as Oklahoma State won by 18 shots at the South Central Regional.
- Southwest: San Diego State wins first regional crown: San Diego State went wire-to-wire at the Southwest Regional.
- Southeast: Augusta State storms into Southeast lead: Led by Patrick Reed's 67, the defending champs shot 13 under as a team to vault into the lead at Ocala.
- East: Georgia Tech, Scott lead the way at East Regional: Sitting tied for the lead, Kyle Scott has put Georgia Tech in position to grab its first regional crown since 2002.
- Central: Illinois, Alabama tied atop Central Regional: Led by defending NCAA champion Scott Langley, Illinois is tied with top-seeded Alabama at Wolf Run.
- West: Cantlay leads by 3, USC stays hot: Fresh off his trip to the Hogan Award banquet, UCLA's Patrick Cantlay took the lead at the West Regional, as USC continued their late-season strong play.
- Southwest: After wild Round 2, San Diego State leads SW: It was an up-and-down day for the Aztecs, who remain out front at the Southwest Regional.
- South Central: Einhaus, Tway power OK State to Round 2 lead: Behind the lead of Sean Einhaus and Kevin Tway, Oklahoma State grew its lead to 16 shots in Colorado.
- Southeast: Florida leads early, ASU starts slow: Paced by Bank Vongvanij, Florida took the early lead at Ocala.
- Southeast: Banged-up Gators take early lead in Ocala: Even with Tyler McCumber out with a broken finger and Andres Echavarria under the weather, Florida took the early lead at the East regional.
- Southwest: San Diego State chasing seventh win at SW regional: Already with six wins on the season, the Aztecs took the early lead at the Southwest regional
- South Central: Einhaus gives OK State early lead in Colorado: Led by No.4-man Sean Einhaus, the top-ranked Cowboys took the early lead at the South Central Regional.
- Central: Illinois, Langley lead early at Central Regional: Defending NCAA Champion Scott Langley is among a logjam atop the Central Regional leaderboard.
- East: Georgia Tech takes six-shot lead in Virginia: Led by Kyle Scott, Georgia Tech, hot off its ACC title, continued to roll, taking a six-shot lead in the East
- West: USC, Kang take first-round lead at West regional: Fresh off their Pac 10 title, USC opened up a nine-shot lead at The Farms GC.
- Staff Picks: Golfweek staffers make their picks for who will advance to the NCAA national championship.
- Oregon brings lessons learned to Southeast: One year after claiming the top seed in the nation, Oregon has been through some tough times.
NCAA Women's Regionals (May 5-7)
- Central: While UCLA rolled to the team title, Minnesota earned its first berth into nationals since 1989 with a third-place finish. STORY
- East: Top-ranked Alabama rolled through the East Regional, winning the team title as Stephanie Meadow claimed the individual crown. No. 17 seed Coastal Carolina also advanced for the first time in school history. STORY
- Photos: Images from the final round of the East Regional. PHOTOS
- East: Vanderbilt and Florida State had to battle it out in a playoff to claim the final advancing spot at the East Regional. STORY
- West: USC earned its seventh regional title in program history, which ties Duke for the most by any team. STORY
- East: Led by front-runner Stephanie Meadow, Alabama is cruising toward a win at the East Regional. STORY
- Central: With the Duke ladies well down the leaderboard at the Central Regional, coach Dan Brooks may be in line for his first winless season in 27 years. STORY
- East: The Augusta State ladies received a helping hand this week at the East Regional, as head coach Kevin McPherson's sister – LPGA pro Kristy McPherson – is volunteering as an assistant coach. STORY
- East: After taking the early lead at the East Regional, No. 17 seed Coastal Carolina is playing with no fear in Daytona Beach. STORY
- West: UC Davis seniors Alice Kim and Chelsea Stelzmiller stepped it up for the Aggies in Round 2. STORY
- East: No. 17 seed Coastal Carolina took the early lead at the East Regional, while California is lurking. STORY
- East: From thinning roster to winning roster: After not being able to field a team in the fall, Arizona State is poised to claim a spot at Nationals. STORY
- Central: UCLA and Ani Gulugian have taken charge at the Central regional. Lance Ringler explains. STORY
- West: Playing without Lisa McCloskey, top-ranked USC took the early lead in the West in its quest for a second consecutive regional title. STORY
- Photos: Images from Round 1 of the NCAA East Regional. PHOTOS
- Staff picks: 2011 NCAA women's regionals: Golfweek staffers sound off on who they think will advance out of the three NCAA regionals. STORY
- NCAA women's regional bids announced: A complete list of the teams and individuals vying for a spot in the national finals. STORY
- Complete coverage: Results from each of the nation's conference championships. STORY