TONIGHT: Live stream of 2011 Hogan Award
Monday, May 16, 2011
FORT WORTH, Texas – College golf’s equivalent of the Heisman Trophy will be awarded tonight at Colonial Country Club. I’m here in the Lone Star State along with the three finalists – Oklahoma State’s Peter Uihlein and Kevin Tway, and UCLA’s Patrick Cantlay – who are in the running for the top player-of-the-year honor in college and amateur golf. I’ll be joined tonight by Hall of Famer Ben Crenshaw, Rickie Fowler and last year’s Hogan Award winner, Nick Taylor.
Golfweek.com will live-stream the presentation beginning at 8 p.m. EDT. The link can be found here.
- UCLA freshman Patrick Cantlay 12%
- Oklahoma State senior Kevin Tway 6%
- Oklahoma State junior Peter Uihlein 82%
173 total votes.
Here is a closer look at the finalists:
• Uihlein, No. 1 in the Golfweek/Sagarin Rankings, has six top-4 finishes in eight college events, including two victories, for the top-ranked Cowboys. The junior from Orlando, Fla., is the reigning U.S. Amateur, Sahalee Players and Dixie Amateur champion.
• Cantlay, ranked No. 3, has won three times in 10 college starts. The freshman from Los Alamitos, Calif., was a semifinalist at the U.S. Amateur (losing to Uihlein) and runner-up at the Southern Amateur.
• Tway, ranked No. 4, has nine top 10s in 12 college events, including one victory. The senior from Edmond, Okla., won last summer’s Players Amateur.