TONIGHT: Live stream of 2011 Hogan Award
Monday, May 16, 2011
FORT WORTH, Texas – College golf’s equivalent of the Heisman Trophy will be awarded tonight at Colonial Country Club. I’m here in the Lone Star State along with the three finalists – Oklahoma State’s Peter Uihlein and Kevin Tway, and UCLA’s Patrick Cantlay – who are in the running for the top player-of-the-year honor in college and amateur golf. I’ll be joined tonight by Hall of Famer Ben Crenshaw, Rickie Fowler and last year’s Hogan Award winner, Nick Taylor.
Golfweek.com will live-stream the presentation beginning at 8 p.m. EDT. The link can be found here.
- UCLA freshman Patrick Cantlay 12%
- Oklahoma State senior Kevin Tway 6%
- Oklahoma State junior Peter Uihlein 82%
173 total votes.
Here is a closer look at the finalists:
• Uihlein, No. 1 in the Golfweek/Sagarin Rankings, has six top-4 finishes in eight college events, including two victories, for the top-ranked Cowboys. The junior from Orlando, Fla., is the reigning U.S. Amateur, Sahalee Players and Dixie Amateur champion.
• Cantlay, ranked No. 3, has won three times in 10 college starts. The freshman from Los Alamitos, Calif., was a semifinalist at the U.S. Amateur (losing to Uihlein) and runner-up at the Southern Amateur.
• Tway, ranked No. 4, has nine top 10s in 12 college events, including one victory. The senior from Edmond, Okla., won last summer’s Players Amateur.
2011 Ben Hogan Award Finalists
Golfweek.com readers: We value your input and welcome your comments, but please be respectful in this forum.