Weather pushes up Sunday tee times at Bridgestone
AKRON, Ohio -- With rough weather expected in the area, tee times on Sunday have been moved up, with the last group going off the first tee at 10 a.m.
The players will be shipped out on both Nos. 1 and 10 in threesomes starting at 8 a.m. Tee times will range from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. on the front nine and 8 a.m. to 9:50 a.m. on the back.
The forecast is calling for an 80 percent chance of thunderstorms in the morning, with winds ranging from 15 to 25 mph.
The International Federation of PGA Tours says “there is a likelihood of suspensions throughout the day but we feel that we must make use of any window of playable weather that arrives.”
Here are key tee times and pairings for Sunday morning:
Off the #1 tee
• 8:40 a.m.: Tiger Woods, Kyle Stanley, Matt Kuchar
• 9:30 a.m.: Jason Dufner, Graeme McDowell, Simon Dyson
• 9:40 a.m.: Justin Rose, John Senden, Luke Donald
• 9:50 a.m.: Rory McIlroy, Steve Stricker, Bo Van Pelt
• 10 a.m.: Jim Furyk, Louis Oosthuizen, Keegan Bradley
Off the #10 tee
• 8:10 a.m.: Phil Mickelson, Ernie Els, Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano
• 8:30 a.m.: Hunter Mahan, Jonathan Byrd, Jason Day