Complete coverage: Curtis Cup
Monday, June 11, 2012
Golfweek writers are on the ground at Nairn Golf Club for the 2012 Curtis Cup. Check back daily as Golfweek.com brings you all the action from Nairn, Scotland.
2012 Curtis Cup: Practice Round
Check out images from the practice round at the 2012 Curtis Cup in Nairn, Scotland.
• • •
• Grand slam: GB&I stormed back to win the 37th Curtis Cup on Sunday, moving all four Cups - Ryder, Walker, Solheim and now Curtis - to the other side of the Atlantic for the first time in history. Story.
• Bittersweet ending: American Amy Anderson was in a pressure-packed situation on Sunday, but the North Dakota native says she remained calm despite playing - and losing - in the deciding match at the Curtis Cup. Story.
• Meet me in St. Louis: The 2014 Curtis Cup will head to the state of Missouri, with the famed St. Louis Country Club hosting a USGA championship for the first time since 1972. Story.
• • •
• Gaining ground: The Curtis Cup was shaping up to be an American rout until GB&I rallied in Saturday afternoon fourballs. The home team will enter Sunday singles trailing by just a single point. Story
• Vocal leader: GB&I has relied on Holly Clyburn for motivation and solid play. She has delivered both. Story
• Uphill battle: It's not time for celebration in the U.S. Curtis Cup team room just yet, but it's getting closer. The GB&I squad needs to author a serious rally to overcome a three-point deficit. Story
• • •
• Kiss it goodbye? If history is anything to go by, then Great Britain & Ireland are in trouble at the Curtis Cup. They trail the U.S., 4-2, after the first day of play. Story
• She will return: U.S. Curtis Cup captain Pat Cornett broke her right ankle in a golf cart accident Friday, forcing the team to request the help of former captain Carol Semple Thompson. Story
• Morning sweep: Lisa McCloskey and Lindy Duncan combined to form a fierce duo that GB&I's Stephanie Meadow and Leona Maguire couldn't overtake. The U.S. leads the Curtis Cup after one session. Story
• Curtis Cup draw: Pairings and tee times for opening foursomes at the Curtis Cup. Here
• • •
MEET THE TEAMS
Player-by-player bios: Meet the players who will be playing in the 37th Curtis Cup at Nairn Golf Club in Scotland. Rosters.
• • •
• 'Respectful but ruthless:' At 16, Charley Hull will take advice from anyone she can. When she got a handful of words from Ian Poulter, she couldn't get enough as she prepares for the Curtis Cup. Story.
• 'The time of my life:' United States standout Erica Popson, recovered from a thumb injury, brings the proper ball flight and team attitude (she's even tweeting!) to the Curtis Cup. Story.
• Learning curve: The past 72 hours for the U.S. team has been all about learning what Nairn Golf Club and Scottish weather will offer as obstacles. Story
• Catastrophe Cup: The U.S. holds a 27-6-3 advantage in the Curtis Cup - or the Catastrophe Cup if you're a GB&I fan. Still, GB&I doesn't necessarily have an advantage this week in Scotland. Story
• By Twitter?: Charley Hull expects to accept the LGU's invitation to join the European Curtis Cup team, but she was pretty low-key about the dramatic about-face by the governing body. Story
• On the team: Charley Hull is named to the GB&I Curtis Cup team despite a previous uproar over her choice to skip a team training session to prepare for this week's Kraft Nabisco Championship. Story
• 5 things: The Ladies' Golf Union has made strange decisions, and the Charley Hull saga is just the latest example. Story
• Hull steadfast in decision: After receiving criticism, the LGU extended an accommodation allowing Charley Hull to remain on the GB&I Curtis Cup team. Hull spoke with Golfweek on her decision to turn down the LGU's offer. Story
• Short-sighted: Is the Ladies' Golf Union's decision to ban Charley Hull from the GB&I Curtis Cup team short-sighted? Alistair Tait weighs in. Story
• LGU to Hull: Kraft will cost you Curtis Cup spot: Charley Hull’s decision to play in the Kraft Nabisco Championship has cost her a place in the Great Britain & Ireland Curtis Cup team, the Ladies Golf Union has announced. Story
• Curtis Complete: The USGA has announced its full eight-player Curtis Cup squad. Story