Three courses announced for '13 Web.com Finals
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem announced three of the four sites that will host the inaugural Web.com Tour Finals in 2013 on Tuesday.
The finals will determine half of the 50 players to graduate to the PGA Tour in the 2013-14 season (that season will start in fall 2013 with the Tour's new scheduling).
The Web.com Tour Finals will be played at:
• Hotel Fitness Championship at Sycamore Hills Golf Club in Fort Wayne, Ind. (Aug. 26-Sept. 1)
• Chiquita Classic at The Club at Longview in Weddington, N.C. (Sept. 2-8)
• Nationwide Children's Hospital Championship at Ohio State University Golf Club/Scarlet Course in Columbus, Ohio.
• The fourth site will be determined in the coming weeks.
According to the press release from the PGA Tour, eligibility for the finals will be determined with the following:
• The top 75 on the Web.com Tour money list at the conclusion of the regular season.
• Players who finish 126-200 on the PGA Tour’s FedEx Cup points list at the conclusion of the PGA Tour’s regular season.
• Non-members who have earned enough FedEx Cup points based on their performance on the PGA Tour to place them 126-200 on that points list.
The 50 Tour cards will be handed out to the top 25 money leaders at the end of the Web.com Tour regular season and to the top 25 cumulative money leaders in the four finals events.
Golfweek.com readers: We value your input and welcome your comments, but please be respectful in this forum.