Blog: Weather could become a factor this week
While successfully predicting the weather even more than 24 hours ahead can be like the odds of winning Powerball, it still won't stop us from looking ahead at the forecasted week at Augusta National.
While the next two days and the weekend look beautiful according to weather.com, we might run into some problems during Rounds 1 and 2. A closer look:
• Tuesday: The forecast calls for a high of 83 degrees with light winds of up to 8 mph, with only a 10 percent chance of rain.
• Wednesday: Similar to Tuesday, the high will be 84 degrees; winds could become slightly stronger winds at 10 mph with, again, a 10 percent chance of rain.
• Thursday: Weather.com calls for the potential of severe thunderstorms during Round 1, with a high of 79 degrees, winds up to 13 mph and a 30 percent chance of rain, while some other weather sites call for a 50-60 percent chance of rain.
• Friday: The winds get a bit stiffer at 16 mph, the temperature drops a bit to a high of 74 degrees, but the threat of thunderstorms sticks, with a 30 percent chance of rain.
• Saturday: If play can be completed on Thursday and Friday, the weekend looks beautiful, with a high of 75 on Saturday, zero chance of rain and winds up to 6 mph.
• Sunday: The Green Jacket will be handed out under partly cloudy skies, a high of 78, winds up to 8 mph and no chance of rain.