Social-media buzz about Augusta softens ... mostly
The Masters had Twitter and other social-media sites aflame Saturday morning -- typically a time when all is relatively quiet at Augusta National, save perhaps for someone going low on the front nine with an early time.
Sunday provided a return to a more conventional weekend-morning feel. At the forefront were a couple of players' posts on Twitter about the final-round hole locations:
• Graeme McDowell, @Graeme_McDowell: "Looking at today's pins there is a definite 65/66 out there so you can look as far down the leaderboard as -2 perhaps"
• Nathan Smith, @DStick23: "They r gonna let them go today Pin locations on back 9 today at Masters r accessible! Look forward to roars!"
• Bob Estes, @BobEstesPGA: "15th green ANGC(could've changed slightly since). I do my homework. #TheMasters"
Another player chimed in with an observation on co-leader Brandt Snedeker:
• Joe Ogilvie, @ogilviej: "Snedeker: He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready...to drop Bombs. #Masters"
The Solheim Cup captain took time out from celebrating her 50th birthday in Hawaii to share her Masters Sunday breakfast view:
A top amateur shared her rooting interest for the day:
• Ashlan Ramsey, @ashlan_ramsey : "Getting ready to cheer on @BrandtSnedeker in the Masters today! #favoritegolfer @ToddAndersonGLC"
And last year's U.S. Open champ chimed in on the weekend's hottest topic:
• Webb Simpson, @webbsimpson1: "I would not have withdrawn, I don't see any logic to that....."