’14 Euro Tour schedule includes Europe-Asia match
A new match-play event between Europe and Asia highlights the first part of the 2014 European Tour schedule, which was released Aug. 26.
The EurAsia Cup, co-sanctioned by the European and Asian tours, will match 10-man teams from each continent March 28-30 at Glenmarie Golf and Country Club in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Europe will pick the top four players available from the final 2013 Race to Dubai rankings, plus the top four players available from the Official World Golf Ranking on Feb. 3 and two captain’s picks.
Asia will choose the continent’s top four available players from the final 2013 Asian Tour Order of Merit, the top three available players on Official World Golf Ranking and three captain’s picks.
The respective captains have yet to be named. The event is also the week before the 2014 Masters.
The inaugural EurAsia Cup will be held 15 years after the first event to be co-sanctioned by the tours, the Malaysian Open, was played.
South Africa will be a busy destination, with seven stops, including the season-opening South African Open and the inaugural Nedbank Golf Challenge.
“With the addition of the Nedbank Golf Challenge – one of seven events in South Africa – and the continued strength of the ‘desert swing,’ including the 25th anniversary of the Omega Dubai Desert Classic, we can look forward to an outstanding start to The 2014 Race to Dubai,” said Keith Waters, the European Tour’s chief operating officer and director of international policy.
The rest of the European Tour schedule will be released later.
• • •
European Tour 2013-14 International schedule
- Nov. 21-24: South African Open Johannesburg, South Africa €1,100,000
- Nov. 28-Dec. 1: Alfred Dunhill Championship Malelane, South Africa €1,500,000
- Dec. 5-8: Nedbank Golf Challenge Sun City, South Africa $6,500,000
- Dec. 5-8: Hong Kong Open Fanling, Hong Kong $1,300,000
- Dec. 12-15: Nelson Mandela Championship Durban, South Africa €1,000,000
- Jan. 9-12: Volvo Golf Champions TBD TBD
- Jan. 16-19: Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates $2,700,000
- Jan. 22-25: Commercialbank Qatar Masters Doha, Qatar $2,500,000
- Jan. 30-Feb. 2: Omega Dubai Desert Classic Dubai, United Arab Emirates $2,500,000
- Feb. 6-9: Joburg Open Johannesburg, South Africa €1,300,000
- Feb. 13-16: Africa Open East London, South Africa €1,000,000
- Feb. 19-22: WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship Marana, Ariz. $9,000,000
- Feb. 27-March 2: Tshwane Open Centurion, South Africa €1,500,000
- March 6-9: WGC-Cadillac Championship Doral, Fla. $9,000,000
- March 13-16: Trophée Hassan II Agadir, Morocco €1,500,000
- March 28-30: EurAsia Cup Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia