Quick Read: Franklin Templeton Shootout
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Here are some top facts and figures from this week's Franklin Templeton Shootout in Naples, Fla., featuring several top PGA Tour, European Tour and Champions Tour players.
• Time and place: Friday Dec. 13-15; Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Tiburon GC; Naples, Fla.
• Top-ranked players, OWGR: 6, Matt Kuchar; 7, Steve Stricker. Sagarin: 1, Stricker; 4, Kuchar.
• At stake: Winning team splits $750,000 first prize; $3.1 million purse.
• Short shots: Tournament host Greg Norman designed the 36-hole Tiburon Golf Club; he will pair with Jonas Blixt (41 in OWGR; 118 in Sagarin), his 12th partner in 24 Shootout starts. . . . Defending champs Sean O'Hair and Kenny Perry were two shorts shy of the tournament record at 31 under last year; Perry, 2013 Charles Schwab Cup winner on the Champions Tour, also won in 2005 (with John Huston) and 2008 (Scott Hoch). . . . Kuchar pairs with first-time entrant Harris English, while Stricker makes his sixth start alongside Jerry Kelly. . . . Jason Dufner will pair with Dustin Johnson in the only group with both players in the OWGR's top 15. . . . Ian Poulter and Lee Westwood team up for the tournament's first all-England pairing. . . . Friday's first round (yes, Friday the 13th in 2013) features a modified alternate-shot format, followed by better-ball Saturday and a scramble Sunday.
– Associated Press and the tournament contributed