Quick Read: Franklin Templeton Shootout
Here are some top facts and figures from this week's Franklin Templeton Shootout in Naples, Fla., featuring several top PGA Tour, European Tour and Champions Tour players.
• Time and place: Friday Dec. 13-15; Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort, Tiburon GC; Naples, Fla.
• Top-ranked players, OWGR: 6, Matt Kuchar; 7, Steve Stricker. Sagarin: 1, Stricker; 4, Kuchar.
• At stake: Winning team splits $750,000 first prize; $3.1 million purse.
• Short shots: Tournament host Greg Norman designed the 36-hole Tiburon Golf Club; he will pair with Jonas Blixt (41 in OWGR; 118 in Sagarin), his 12th partner in 24 Shootout starts. . . . Defending champs Sean O'Hair and Kenny Perry were two shorts shy of the tournament record at 31 under last year; Perry, 2013 Charles Schwab Cup winner on the Champions Tour, also won in 2005 (with John Huston) and 2008 (Scott Hoch). . . . Kuchar pairs with first-time entrant Harris English, while Stricker makes his sixth start alongside Jerry Kelly. . . . Jason Dufner will pair with Dustin Johnson in the only group with both players in the OWGR's top 15. . . . Ian Poulter and Lee Westwood team up for the tournament's first all-England pairing. . . . Friday's first round (yes, Friday the 13th in 2013) features a modified alternate-shot format, followed by better-ball Saturday and a scramble Sunday.
– Associated Press and the tournament contributed