Withdrawals coming in for U.S. Open qualifying
Sunday, June 2, 2013
DUBLIN, Ohio – The withdrawals are starting to come in for Monday’s 36-hole qualifiers for the U.S. Open.
With 61 spots available, 56 spots are up for grabs Monday. That number might change, depending on what happens this week and next in professional golf.
Of those who qualified for sectional play, 16 have withdrawn. They are John Cook, Jay Haas, Scott McCarron, Steve Marino, Matt Hill, Bryce Molder, Tim Herron, Chris Kirk, Daniel Summerhays, Shaun Micheel, Shane Bertsch, Nick Flanagan, Camilo Benedetti, James Pettitt, Mark O’Meara and Erik Compton. The Open is set for June 13-16 at Merion Golf Club in Ardmore, Pa.
The Monday, June 3, qualifying spots are as follows:
• Newport Beach, Calif.: Big Canyon Country Club & Newport Beach Country Club – 102 players entered for 5 spots
• Bradenton, Fla.: Ritz-Carlton Members Club – 56 players entered for 3 spots
• Ball Ground, Ga.: Hawks Ridge Golf Club – 51 players entered for 3 spots
• Rockville, Md.: Woodmont Country Club – 122 players entered for 8 spots
• St. Louis: Old Warson Country Club – 41 players entered for 2 spots
• Purchase, N.Y.: Old Oaks Country Club & Century Country Club – 79 players entered for 3 spots
• Columbus, Ohio: Brookside Golf and Country Club & The Lakes Golf and Country Club – 120 players entered for 15 spots
• Springfield, Ohio: Springfield Country Club – 39 players entered for 2 spots
• Memphis, Tenn.: Colonial Country Club – 112 players entered for 9 spots
• Dallas: Lakewood Country Club – 68 players entered for 4 spots
• Cle Elum, Wash.: Tumble Creek Club – 34 players entered for 2 spots
Golfweek.com readers: We value your input and welcome your comments, but please be respectful in this forum.