What's on tap for Monday at Augusta National
AUGUSTA, Ga. – We figure since we have the distinct privilege of covering the Masters, we'd give you an inside glimpse on what events and interviews should be expected each day.
Monday started early at Augusta National, with players trying to beat the looming thunderstorms storms in the area that promise to alter practice rounds throughout the day. At 10:25 a.m., play was suspended, with Augusta National sending out the following note:
"Play has been suspended due to severe weather approaching the area. For everyone’s safety, we have asked patrons to clear the grounds and take shelter accordingly."
That'll mean more indoor entertainment for the patrons – the lines are already out the door for merchandise – and the players.
Smartly, 2012 Masters champ Bubba Watson already got his course work in, while Gary Woodland was the first player on the course at 8 a.m. EDT.
Already on tap to come into the media room are:
- Jimmy Walker, three-time 2013-14 season winner, 12:30 p.m. EDT
- Chang-woo Lee, Asia-Pacific Championship winner, 1 p.m. EDT
- Jason Day, WGC Match Play champion, 1:30 p.m. EDT
- Patrick Reed, WGC-Cadillac Championship winner, 2 p.m. EDT
- Craig Stadler & Kevin Stadler, father-son duo, 3:30 p.m. EDT
- Matt Jones, last week's winner at the Shell Houston Open, 4 p.m. EDT
Despite the rain, we'll keep you covered from the wee hours of the morning until you go to bed at night with the latest from Augusta National.