Nike Golf introduces new footwear styles
Monday, January 12, 2015
Nike Golf introduced the company’s new Lunar Waverly and Lunar Mont Royal golf shoes to join the Versatility footwear family.
The designers drew inspiration from the iconic running and court sport silhouettes for both on and off the golf course.
“The Lunar Waverly and Lunar Mont Royal were really inspired by classic Nike footwear styles, and we adapted those designs for athletes who want a golf shoe with versatile appeal,” says Carl Madore, Nike Golf Innovation Design Lead.
• • •
Nike Lunar Waverly
• Nike Golf used pressure-mapping analysis to zero in on how the foot moves during the swing and determine the size, height, hardness and overall configuration of the waffle lugs. With pressure-mapping, the shoe has superior grip and traction
• Nike Dynamic Flywire technology combines with a rubber cup-sole for lateral support with a premium waterproof full-grain leather upper.
• For the first time, Nike Golf designers utilized cork for the sock liner that is lightweight. The anti-microbial material helps prevent odor and provides a distinctive design detail, while full-length Nike Lunarlon foam delivers maximum responsive cushioning.
• Availability: July 1
• Color offerings: Black/Anthracite/Pure Platinum-Volt; Cool Grey/Photo Blue-Summit White-Dark Grey; White/Action Red-Light Bone-Sail; and Baroque Brown/Black-Sail-Hyperpunch
• Cost: $140
• • •
Nike Lunar Mont Royal
• Nike Golf is bringing the Montreal’s iconic color, blocking design and running-inspired silhouette to the golf course.
• It features Lunarlon foam in the heel and modern no-sew technology in the midfoot.
• The shoe utilizes the traditional Nike waffle sole for grip and control.
• Nike Golf footwear designers constructed the outsole with waffle tread rolling up around the toe and inner side of the foot to maintain traction through the swing as the foot pushes off the ground.
• Available: July 1
• Colorways: Black/Anthracite-Summit White; White/Obsidian-Light Magnet Grey; Deep Royal Blue/Volt-Photo Blue-Pure Platinum; and Grey/Hyper Crimson-Dark Grey-Pure Platinum
• Cost: $100
• • •
Nike Lunar Clayton
Available: July 1
Colorways: Deep Burgundy/Deep Burgundy-Hydrangeas
Golfweek.com readers: We value your input and welcome your comments, but please be respectful in this forum.