Final spots in next WGC event on the line at Honda
Monday, February 25, 2013
In the wake of the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship, several players have secured spots in the next WGC event – the Cadillac Championship, to be played March 7-10 at Trump Doral's TPC Blue Monster. As it stands, 49 of the top 50 players in the Official World Golf Ranking have committed to play in the event.
A total of 10 players officially joined the list of qualified players on Monday, a day after Matt Kuchar won the Match Play Championship at Dove Mountain Resort in Marana, Ariz.
Players who qualified via the OWGR:
- No. 28 – Martin Kaymer, Germany
- No. 35 – Jason Day, Australia
- No. 47 – Fredrik Jacobson, Sweden
- No. 48 – Tim Clark, South Africa
- No. 49 – Alexander Noren, Sweden
- No. 50 – Padraig Harrington, Ireland
Players who qualified via European Tour’s Race to Dubai:
- No. 1 – Richard Sterne, South Africa
- No. 2 – Scott Jamieson, Scotland
- No. 8 – Chris Wood, England
- No. 9 – Stephen Gallacher, Scotland
The top 50 in the world and the top 10 in the PGA Tour’s FedExCup standings not otherwise qualified will earn the final spots in the field following this week’s Honda Classic.
Golfweek.com readers: We value your input and welcome your comments, but please be respectful in this forum.