2014 U.S. Open: Tee times, Rounds 1-2
Thursday, June 12, 2014
Getting a jump start on what promises to be an interesting week at Pinehurst No. 2, the USGA announced its official tee times for the first two rounds of the U.S. Open on Friday afternoon.
Here is a look at some of the best pairings, followed by the full list of tee times:
• LEARNING FROM THE BEST: Matthew Fitzpatrick drew Adam Scott at the Masters for the first two rounds, taking in all that he could from the World No. 1. At Pinehurst, he'll tee it up with defending champion Justin Rose and six-time U.S. Open runner-up Phil Mickelson. Just to think, a year ago at this time, Fitzpatrick was just a very good junior player . . .
• YOUNG GUNS: Two groups after Mickelson will be Jordan Spieth, Rickie Fowler and Hideki Matsuyama, who combine to be 66 years of age. Spieth and Fowler were firmly in the mix at the Masters, while Matsuyama won the Memorial last week.
• GOING FOR NO. 2: The 7:40 a.m. tee time on Thursday will feature Webb Simpson, Rory McIlroy and Graeme McDowell, all of whom are chasing their second U.S. Open title. McIlroy is currently the hottest of the bunch, winning the BMW PGA Championship two weeks ago and firing a 63 in the opening round of the Memorial.
• MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH? Back-to-back groups on Thursday morning will feature big-name stars that have yet to put it all together in a major championship. At 7:18 a.m., Sergio Garcia, Jason Day and Brandt Snedeker will tee off on No. 1, followed by Henrik Stenson, Matt Kuchar and Lee Westwood.
• OLD BUDDIES: Keegan Bradley and Jason Dufner are two of the PGA Tour's best personalities on Twitter, many times trading barbs to the amusement of the entire industry. On Thursday and Friday, they won't need their cell phones, as they'll be playing together with 2014 Players Championship winner Martin Kaymer.
• AUSSIE, AUSSIE, AUSSIE: It might not go down as a marquee pairing, but don't tell that to those Down Under, as Australia's Aaron Baddeley, Oliver Goss and Aron Price will spend the first two rounds together.
• • •
Friday's second-round tee times for the 2014 U.S. Open at Pinehurst (N.C.) Resort's No. 2 course (all times EDT):
6:45 a.m.: Alex Cejka; Graeme Storm; David Oh
6:56 a.m.: Oliver Fisher; Casey Wittenberg; Andres Echavarria
7:07 a.m.: Joe Ogilvie; Mark Wilson; Ken Duke
7:18 a.m.: Jim Furyk; Steve Stricker; Bill Haas
7:29 a.m.: Brendon De Jonge; Kevin Stadler; Shane Lowry
7:40 a.m.: Luke Donald; Harris English; Paul Casey
7:51 a.m.: J.B. Holmes; Gary Woodland; Graham DeLaet
8:02 a.m.: Retief Goosen; Geoff Ogilvy; Lucas Glover
8:13 a.m.: Bernd Wiesberger; Hyung-Sung Kim; Toru Taniguchi
8:24 a.m.: Ryan Palmer; Rod Pampling; Kevin Streelman
8:35 a.m.: Azuma Yano; Ryan Blaum; David Gossett
8:46 a.m.: Simon Griffiths; Fran Quinn; Donald Constable
8:57 a.m.: (a) Hunter Stewart; Jason Millard; Zac Blair
6:45 a.m.: Garth Mulroy; Steven Alker; Bobby Gates
6:56 a.m.: Niclas Fasth; Kiyoshi Miyazato; Hudson Swafford
7:07 a.m.: John Senden; Nicolas Colsaerts; Brooks Koepka
7:18 a.m.: Dustin Johnson; Jimmy Walker; Victor Dubuisson
7:29 a.m.: Stewart Cink; Justin Leonard; Y.E. Yang
7:40 a.m.: Bubba Watson; Adam Scott; Charl Schwartzel
7:51 a.m.: Ernie Els; Darren Clarke; Louis Oosthuizen
8:02 a.m.: Jason Dufner; Keegan Bradley; Martin Kaymer
8:13 a.m.: Hunter Mahan; Francesco Molinari; Jamie Donaldson
8:24 a.m.: Bo Van Pelt; Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano; Seung-Yul Noh
8:35 a.m.: Danny Willett; (a) Cory Whitsett; Luke Guthrie
8:46 a.m.: Kevin Tway; James Renner; Chris Doak
8:57 a.m.: Cody Gribble; Chris Thompson; (a) Andrew Dorn
12:30 p.m.: Henrik Norlander; Lucas Bjerregaard; Rob Oppenheim
12:41 p.m.: Chad Collins; Kyoung-Hoon Lee; Kevin Kisner
12:52 p.m.: Erik Compton; Pablo Larrazabal; Scott Langley
1:03 p.m.: Patrick Reed; Ryan Moore; Kevin Na
1:14 p.m.: Boo Weekley; D.A. Points; Stephen Gallacher
1:25 p.m.: Zach Johnson; Angel Cabrera; David Toms
1:36 p.m.: Justin Rose; (a) Matthew Fitzpatrick; Phil Mickelson
1:47 p.m.: Chris Kirk; Russell Henley; Brendon Todd
1:58 p.m.: Jordan Spieth; Hideki Matsuyama; Rickie Fowler
2:09 p.m.: Kenny Perry; Jeff Maggert; Kevin Sutherland
2:20 p.m.: Wen-Chong Liang; Maximilian Kieffer; Shiv Kapur
2:31 p.m.: Smylie Kaufman; (a) Maverick McNealy; Brandon McIver
2:42 p.m.: Anthony Broussard; (a) Will Grimmer; Nicholas Lindheim
12:30 p.m.: Daniel Berger; Brett Stegmaier; (a) Cameron Wilson
12:41 p.m.: Marcel Siem; Brian Stuard; Andrea Pavan
12:52 p.m.: Matt Every; Roberto Castro; Matt Jones
1:03 p.m.: Sergio Garcia; Jason Day; Brandt Snedeker
1:14 p.m.: Henrik Stenson; Matt Kuchar; Lee Westwood
1:25 p.m.: Webb Simpson; Rory McIlroy; Graeme McDowell
1:36 p.m.: Ian Poulter; Miguel Angel Jimenez; Thongchai Jaidee
1:47 p.m.: Nick Watney; Jonas Blixt; Joost Luiten
1:58 p.m.: Billy Horschel; Billy Hurley III; Robert Allenby
2:09 p.m.: Aaron Baddeley; (a) Oliver Goss; Aron Price
2:20 p.m.: Tom Lewis; Craig Barlow; Justin Thomas
2:31 p.m.: (a) Robby Shelton; Matthew Dobyns; Brady Watt
2:42 p.m.: Clayton Rask; (a) Brian Campbell; Nicholas Mason
Golfweek.com readers: We value your input and welcome your comments, but please be respectful in this forum.