This is part of a state-by-state list of the best non-private courses you can play across the United States as selected by Golfweek’s Raters. Modern courses built after 1960 are denoted with (m), while classic courses built before 1960 are noted with a (c).
1. The Greenbrier (Old White TPC), White Sulphur Springs (c)
2. Stonewall Resort, Roanoke (m)
3. Raven GC at Snowshoe Mountain, Snowshoe (m)
4. The Resort at Glade Spring (Stonehaven), Beckley (m)
5. The Greenbrier (Greenbrier), White Sulphur Springs (c)