FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: DIGITAL APP
ABOUT THE APP
Q: What’s the difference between the iPad edition of Golfweek and the print magazine edition?
A: The app edition of Golfweek offers every bit of content you love from the paper edition, only optimized for easy reading on your iPad. You are also able to access it three days sooner than the print edition would reach you.
Q: How do I navigate through the magazine on the iPad app?
A: Just like the paper issue, you can explore your copy of Golfweek page by page or by skipping around.
- To flip through a story page by page, swipe across your screen with one finger.
- To access the contents list and the thumbnail preview (located at the bottom of your screen), press and hold your finger on the screen or tap the upper right corner.
- To jump to a particular section from the contents panel, simply tap the section in the thumbnail preview.
- To bookmark a page, tap the upper right-hand corner of a page, and it will appear in the Bookmarks panel.
PURCHASING ISSUES AND SUBSCRIPTIONS
Q: I just purchased a digital subscription through the Golfweek website. How do I begin receiving copies?
A: You digital subscription of Golfweek can be accessed through either a desktop/laptop computer or an iPad/Apple device.
- Computer: If you will be viewing your digital subscription on a desktop or laptop computer through a web browser, you should have already received a confirmation email, which includes a link to the current issue. Every time a new issue becomes available, you will receive an email containing a link to the latest issue.
- iPad: If you will be viewing your digital subscription on the iPad and have not yet downloaded the free Golfweek app from the iTunes store, please do so here. You do not need to purchase anything else from within the app, as your subscription is already paid for. The first time you open the app after downloading, look for the “Library” tab on the top row navigation bar, then:
- Press “Sign In”
- Enter the email address and password you used when you ordered your subscription and hit “Log In”
- Close the sign-in window and press “Library” to view your available issues, which should include the current issue from when you first subscribed. When subsequent issues become available, they will appear here automatically.
- Press the box with the issue you wish to read.
Q: As a current Golfweek print subscriber, can I receive the iPad edition at a lower price than advertised?
A: Yes, we are offering a special reduced price of only $10 more per year for our current print subscribers. Please click here to take advantage of this limited-time offer. Additionally, new subscribers who wish to receive both the print and digital versions of Golfweek can get a special combination offer here.
Q: As a current Golfweek print subscriber, can I transfer my subscription to the iPad?
A: We do not yet have a system in place to accommodate this request, but we are working on establishing this process and it should be set up shortly. For further information, please contact our customer service department at Golfweek@EmailCustomerService.com
Q: How do I buy single copy issues on my iPad?
A: Press and hold your finger on the screen to bring up the “Store” button and then tap it to access the in-app store. Here, you can subscribe to the magazine or buy single issues. Tap the price, confirm your purchase, and the issue will appear in your Library. From your Library, you can then tap the button to download the issue.
Q: How do I access new issues from my subscription on my iPad?
A: How you access your new issue depends on your operating system.
- Apple iOS5 operating system (or higher?): New issues will download automatically in the Apple Newsstand folder, and you will be notified when a new issue is available.
- Apple iOS4 operating system (or lower?), you will still get a notification from Golfweek about the new issue, but it is necessary for you to download new issues manually as they become available.
Q: How do I cancel my subscription or get a refund?
A: To cancel your subscription or get a refund please contact customer service at Golfweek@EmailCustomerService.com or call 1.800.996.4653(GOLF). We can only issue refunds on iPad subscriptions purchased directly through Golfweek, not through Apple iTunes.
Q: Can I transfer my subscription to another device?
A: If you purchased your subscription through Golfweek, you may access your purchased issues or subscription on another iPad if you’re signed in with the same iTunes account.
- Simply download the app on the new device (ensuring you are signed into the same iTunes account that you used to originally purchase the subscription).
- Hit the “Missing Issues?” button in the upper right-hand corner of the Library tab. This step should restore your permissions to all the issues you’ve purchased/downloaded.
Note: At this time, you may not access your iTunes-purchased subscription on any other device or platform.
Q: I don’t see the issues I’ve previously purchased or downloaded.
A: If the issues you’ve purchased are not listed in your Library, please take the following steps:
- Make sure you’re using the same iTunes account you originally used to purchase the issues/subscription.
- If you are using the correct account, hit the “Missing Issues?” button in the upper right-hand corner of the Library tab. This step should restore your permissions to all the issues you’ve purchased/downloaded.
- If you’re still unable to see the issues, please let us know at Golfweek@EmailCustomerService.com.
Q: My issue is stuck at the “Processing” stage—what do I do?
A: This problem happens occasionally when the iPad interrupts the processing of the issue. Typically, restarting the app will resolve the issue. If not, please take the following steps:
- Delete and re-install the app. You will never have to pay again for something you’ve already purchased, as long as you’re on the same account.
- Once reinstalled, the app will ask you if you wish to restore all purchases; press “Yes”.
- If you miss that box, just tap “Missing Issues?” in the upper right-hand corner of the Library tab to regain access to all previously purchased issues and subscriptions.
Q: How do I delete an issue?
A: In your Library list, you’ll see an “Archive” button to the right of each issue. Tap this button, and you will delete the issue from active storage on your device. At any time, you can always re-download those issues again at no charge.
Q: My app keeps “crashing.”
A: Unfortunately, some iPad 1 users have experienced problems with the app crashing. If this happens, you should be able to fix it by following these steps:
- Close all running apps. (Double-click the Home button, press and hold on the app icons in the bottom list until they start “shaking”, then tap the “X” on each to close all apps).
- Shut down the iPad. (Hold the Power key then slide the red bar when prompted).
- Turn the iPad on again, and the app should now work fine.
Q: How can I share feedback with you about the Golfweek app?
A: Please email us at Golfweek@EmailCustomerService.com with your comments, insights and suggestions. While we can’t respond to every email, we will be reading all comments and doing our best to address any concerns and ideas you have about our iPad app.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: PRINT SUBSCRIPTIONS
Q: When will I receive my first issue?
A: Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of your first copy of Golfweek.
Q: When will I receive my free gift?
A: After we receive full payment of your subscription, your free gift will be mailed to you. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. If you would like to inquire further about a missing gift, please contact customer service at Golfweek@EmailCustomerService.com or 1.800.996.4653 (GOLF).
Q: Is Golfweek available on the newsstand?
A: No. Currently, Golfweek is available by subscription only. You can subscribe online by clicking here.
Q: I don’t want my information made available to other companies. What should I do?
A: Golfweek shares subscriber information with companies whose products we feel would be of interest to you. Many of our subscribers enjoy the opportunity to shop for merchandise or to take advantage of special offers and events. However, if you would like your name excluded from those mailings, please contact customer service at Golfweek@EmailCustomerService.com or 1.800.996.4653 (GOLF).
BECOMING A GOLFWEEK SUBSCRIBER
Q: How do I subscribe to Golfweek?
A: Click here to order a subscription online or call our subscription customer service line at 1.800.996.4653 (GOLF).
Q: Is it safe to subscribe online at Golfweek.com?
A: Yes. It’s not only safe but also quick and easy.
Q: I’m receiving calls from Golfweek. Is it okay to subscribe over the phone when I receive these calls?
A: Golfweek does not sell subscriptions through outgoing solicitation calls, so any calls you are receiving are from rogue agents who are not affiliated with Golfweek in any way. Do not subscribe through these services. To subscribe, click here or call our subscription customer service line at 1.800.996.4653 (GOLF).
Q: Does Golfweek have a digital edition of the magazine?
A: Yes, Golfweek offers an online digital edition as well as an iPad version. You can order either digital version here.
Q: How do I give a Golfweek gift subscription?
A: Click here to order gift subscriptions online or contact customer service at Golfweek@EmailCustomerService.com or 1.800.996.4653 (GOLF).
Q: How do I change my mailing address?
A: Click here to log in to your account and change your address online. Alternatively, you may contact customer service at Golfweek@EmailCustomerService.com or 1.800.996.4653 (GOLF). Please contact us at least four weeks before you need the change to take effect.
Q: How do I cancel my subscription?
A: There are a few different ways to cancel your subscription.
- Online: Click here to log in to your account
- Phone: 1.800.996.4653 (GOLF)
- Email: Golfweek@EmailCustomerService.com
- Mail: Write “cancel” on your invoice and send back to the specified return address
Q: Will I get my money back if I cancel my subscription?
A: A refund will be issued for all remaining copies that have not been mailed to you at the time of cancellation.
Q: Why do I continue to receive bills after I have paid for my subscription?
A: Occasionally your payment and our invoice cross in the mail. If you continue to receive bills more than six weeks after you send your payment, please contact customer service at Golfweek@EmailCustomerService.com or 1.800.996.4653 (GOLF) so that we can ensure your account has been properly credited. If you ordered through a third party such as a school subscription program or an online source other than Golfweek.com, please check with them to ensure that your order was received and processed.
Q: Can I pay my bill online?
A: Yes. Simply click here to log in to your account to securely pay your bill online.
Q: How do I know when my subscription expires?
A: There are three different ways to find your subscription expiration date.
- Find the date on your mailing label above your name
- Click here to log in to your account
- Check your mailbox for renewal notices
Q: How do I renew my subscription?
A: To renew your subscription, log in to your account here or contact customer service at Golfweek@EmailCustomerService.com or 1.800.996.4653 (GOLF). Also, if you have recently received a renewal notice in the mail, you may go to Golfweek.com/RenewOnline to claim the special offer you received.
Q: What if I received a damaged issue?
A: Contact customer service at Golfweek@EmailCustomerService.com or 1.800.996.4653 (GOLF). Golfweek will either replace your damaged issue or extend your subscription to account for the damaged issue.
Q: What if my issue arrives late?
A: Please contact customer service at Golfweek@EmailCustomerService.com or 1.800.996.4653 (GOLF) to report any delivery problems.
Q: What if I have missed an issue?
A: We may have an incorrect address on file or we may not have received your renewal payment. Please click here to log in to your account and verify that your name, address and payment information are correct before contacting customer service. If the information is correct, please contact customer service at Golfweek@EmailCustomerService.com or 1.800.996.4653 (GOLF), and we’ll send you the missing issue.
Q: How can I order back issues?
A: To order back issues, please call customer service at 1.800.996.4653 (GOLF). Back issues are $3.99 each plus shipping and can be purchased via check or credit card. You must know the issue date to order back issues. To order back issues in bulk (10 copies or more), please contact Golfweek’s Circulation Department at Circ@Golfweek.com or call 407.563.7013. (Please do not send credit card information to this email as it is not secure.)
Q: I receive duplicate copies. What should I do?
A: Contact customer service at Golfweek@EmailCustomerService.com or 1.800.996.4653 (GOLF).
For any additional questions and further assistance, please contact customer service at Golfweek@EmailCustomerService.com or 1.800.996.4653 (GOLF).